Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pink Taco and Sprinkles Cupcakes

The thing I really like about Long Beach is how close it is to Los Angeles. There are two places that I enjoy going to eat that are right off of Santa Monica Blvd. The first is the Pink Taco. I first discovered it about a year ago. I was driving around Los Angeles with a friend of mine to try and kill some time. We were at a stop light and we were just talking. I look up and go "does that sign say... Pink Taco? Oh my god!! That sign says Pink Taco!!!" We both immediately started laughing uncontrollably, and we decided we had to go there. Then the dirty jokes began. There is about a million that a person can come up with, but my favorite that I came up with would have to be "I went down south to the Pink Taco". The building is hot pink so I walked into the restaurant expecting the place to serve some white washed Mexican food. I was completely wrong. The food actually seemed to be pretty authentic, and was really tasty. I had nachos and, of course, a pink taco. I absolutely enjoyed both. A pink taco is , not a fish taco as expected, but is a marinated chicken taco with pink onions on top. I had never had anything like it. The wall decorations were unexpected as well. The places is decked out with low rider bikes and symbols of the Virgin Mary all over the place. It's an interesting place to go not just for the food, but for the decorations.
The second place I enjoy is Sprinkles Cupcakes. I first heard about it from the receptionist at my doctors office which is right down the street. The first time I went there was a line, yes a line for cupcakes. The line went to the end of the block, no joke. I, of course, waited to see what the hype was about these cupcakes. i walked in and the tiny bakery smelled amazing. I looked around and there was about a million different flavors.  I decided to get a red velvet, and it was the best decision ever. The moment I first bit into a Sprinkles cupcake I knew why there was a line. These cupcakes are the best things ever. Every time I visit Sprinkles there is a line and they are a little pricey, but it's totally worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment