Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Veggie Love

Everybody knows that the commercials people watch most is during the Superbowl.  This year a PETA ad was banned entitled "Veggie Love". The commercial showed women in lingerie with fruits and vegetables in hand. The women start to scream and moan as if they were having sex. I personally see nothing wrong with the commercial and do not understand why it was banned. Sure, it is a tad bit risque, but it could be much worse. The ad is trying to promote eating fruits and vegetables instead of meat. It isn't as if the ad is promoting to directly to children. If I were a little kid I would not really know what the women were doing. I think that Victoria's Secret commercials are just as "risque". They too show women prancing around in their underwear, and probably get teenage boys everywhere just as excited and amused. Which leads me to wonder if the commercial would have been for beer or something more popular, if it would have been banned. 
Take a look at the wide spectrum of things that are sexual in any way on television. One of the biggest would have to be the obvious and typical rap video. Women are always half naked and shaking their boobs and butt in some guys face or crotch. That to me is more sexual than what the PETA ad was made out to be.  Children are also more exposed to rap videos on Vh1 and Fuse. Most people, like myself, don't really care. So why is this PETA ad such a big deal, and is banned from being played one time on one day? I'm not a huge animal activist or even a vegetarian. I just don't see what the big deal is, and why people don't spend their time on more significant issues.    

No comments:

Post a Comment